Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Valentine's Day at Chez La Rose

When I was growing up my brothers and I would make dinner for my parents on their anniversary and turn our family room into a private restauraunt. My mom was always in on it, and if I remember correctly it was her idea the first time we did it. It became a family tradition every year on their anniversary. My older brother would make the meal, I would make some fancy looking menus, my other brothers would act as waiters, and bus boys, etc. I have fond memories of doing this.
Now, my own children really love playing restauraunt. They play it constantly and we even have videos of them playing restauraunt with each other. (It helps that their mom makes wooden play food:) So, I thought the perfect thing to do for Valentine's day would be to have them help me make a surprise restauraunt for Tom and I. They loved the idea! We got to work cleaning up the spare bedroom and creating the "atmosphere". We brought an old round table that I dont use any more and covered it with a red table cloth. I bought some heart shaped candles and made up some menus for the new restauraunt, "Chez la Rose". I made the meal, but I let the kids serve it. Tom was totally surprised, and we had a nice (semi) quiet, private Valentine's Dinner. The kids loved it so much they want to do it again another time. I'm sure we will.

No comments:

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA