Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Reporting live from Noah's Ark...

One of our favorite Family Home Evening Activities is acting out the scripture stories and video taping them on our old video camera. The kids like to do it in a "news reporter" style. We pretend like we are "live on the scene" at a certain place in scriptural history. The reporter is usually me, and I'm usually behind the camera "reporting" as the kids act it out. We hook the camera up to our TV, and we can see it as we record it.
First, we all decide what story we want to act out, and then we find it in the scriptures and read it out loud to make sure we get the story right. Then, we and go and collect things from around the house that will help retell the story.


Here they are getting the family room ready to report on the story of Noah's Ark. The blankets on the floor are supposed to be the water that covers everything. Kaitlyn is collecting all the animals to go on the couch Ark. William practices his standing skills.
They have a lot of fun doing this, and they're funny to watch for later FHE nights too.

2 comments:

Corley said...

Jennie- I want to be more like you when I grow up! :) so I was wondering if you could help me find a song...Susan Greer sang it... it goes something like " He gave his life for me, there in Gethesemane..." do you know which one I'm talking about? could you get me the name of the artist and song title? or if you have the music maybe e-mail it to me? is that possible? (could i ask you any more questions in this small comment box? :) ) I miss you and love you bunches!

Johnny and Jenette said...

Robby tries to act out stuff too. He makes repairs on his toys and our furniture all the time.
Click on the link from our blog to see my new Bolivia blog or go to roofofsouthamerica.blogspot.com

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA