Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Cake Mix Cookie Cut Outs


If you've read my blog for very long, you might've noticed that I love to bake, and that I especially love to try out new types of cookies. Tonight, for a fun little activity, we wanted to make some cut out cookies. When you have small children, sometimes the quicker things are, the better. I have alot of cake mixes from the commissary because they often sell them for .59 cents each. So, I thought I'd try to find a good cut out cookie recipe using a cake mix. Here's what I found:
Cake Mix Cookie Cut Outs
1 cake mix-any flavor
2 eggs
1/4 cup of oil
1/2 cup sugar
Mix all ingredients together until it forms a dough. Roll the dough out and cut out desired shapes. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
The cookies in the picture are made from two cake mixes. I made one yellow cake mix batch, and 1 chocolate cake mix batch and swirled them together. The chocolate ones were neat because I've never made chocolate cookie cut outs. Yummy!
In case anyone wants to know, the pinwheel cookies were made by rolling out some yellow dough, and then rolling out some chocolate dough, then stacking them on top of each other, then rolling them together, then thinly slicing the roll.

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA