Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Excercise I like...

I bought a bike from a neighbor yesterday, and then promptly went to Walmart and bought a trailer for my two little ones to ride behind me. I tried it out this morning. It was alot of fun! I haven't been bike riding in literally years. It was a smooth ride, but wow, what a workout. William weighs nearly 25 lbs, and Kaitlyn is 35 lbs. You do the math. That's how much weight I was pulling.

I never thought our neighborhood was that hilly, but when you're pulling 60 lbs behind you, every little rise is a serious strain on your muscles. (At least it is on my wimpy muscles :) It took me nearly 30 minutes to completely cool down when I was done. I haven't worked that hard in a while. It was great.


So, I decided that after dinner each night I'd go bike riding with Alan and Sarah on their bikes, and my two little ones in the trailer. I went again tonight with them and it wasn't as hard as this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love bike riding too! I have that same trailer that Jake usually pulls the kids with his bike, but when he's not around, I'll pull it. It's super heavy and makes for a good workout. This time of year is good for doing it since it's not so hot. Fun fun!

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA