Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sock Hop

We had a ward party last night. It was a 50's Sock Hop. It was really well attended. I made some poodle skirts for the girls out of felt and I dressed Alan in jeans and a white t-shirt and slicked back his hair 50's style. It was a lot of fun. They had burgers and fries, and rootbeer floats. They played 50's music the whole time and even did the Limbo. And even the missionaries got into it, as you can see.




I tried to take some video of the dancing, but it was too dark in the gym. So I took a lot of pictures.


Here's Kaitlyn and her friends Titan and Myah. She and Titan were running around holding
hands practically the whole night. It was very cute. At the end of the dance they had set up a "drive-in" theater and we all went out into the back parking lot and watched "Lady and the Tramp". (I know the rest of the world is actually having cool fall weather. We are too, but cool weather for us is 60's, so it's no big deal to be outside)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fifties was the greatest decade of the mid 20th century!

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA