Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

Ahh...Dinner time.. it's the time when mom's all around the world are doing about 10 things at once. Tonight-a typical night- I started boiling the water for macaroni and cheese, and while I was waiting for the water to boil, I went out to my wood shop in the back of the house and cut the frame for one of the puzzles I'm making that sold today. Once that was cut, I used the wood glue to fasten the edges together, and held it together in one hand while it dried as I walked in the house. Once in the house, with the puzzle still in one hand, I began to empty the dishwasher with the other hand. Then I put down the puzzle so that I could put the macaroni in the water on the stove that was now boiling. I then went to the counter and started to trace the hearts for the heart boxes I'm making for my visiting teaching sisters this week for valentine's day- ( I got the pattern from Martha Stewart.com,) . Once I had the hearts traced, I went over to stir the macaroni, then back to finish emptying the dishwasher. As I was emptying the dishwasher Kaitlyn needed help putting on her "princess dress" since she was playing princess. Then it's back to check on the wood frame that I had glued together to make sure it was setting well. Then it's over to change the baby since he was over due. Then back to the macaroni and cheese. So... once dinner was done I had not only made dinner, but I had cut a wooden puzzle frame, started to make a homemade heart box, emptied the dishwasher, changed a diaper, and dressed a princess... I'm sure I'm not the only mult-tasking mother around... they're out there silently doing more in 20 minutes than most other people do in an entire day...

No comments:

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA