Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall project


Yesterday we decided it was time to decorate for fall. It's been depressingly hot all month-the high 90's even into the 100's some days. ... I was really hoping it'd be cooler by now, but I got tired of waiting for it to feel like fall and we decorated anyway.

Inspired by some Halloween napkins in our box of Autumn decorations, I got out the "mod podge" and some jars. I gave them each an old paint brush and told them they could cut up the napkins and decorate the jars anyway they wanted. They had so much fun!

Here's a picture of the secret ingredients:



Here are the jars drying:

3 comments:

king bacon2 said...

Cute idea! I love decortating for fall. I was just planning my Halloween party tonight. Maybe we will use your idea...

Jennifer Rose said...

Mary, you can put little tea lights in them and use them as luminaries to light your walk way for your party too.

Uncle Ichabod John said...

Sometimes I wish I were a jack-o-lantern, or that my head would be replaced by one.

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA