Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

For Uncle Johnny

My brother Johnny is all alone in Indiana while his wife is away visiting family, so here's an easy dessert recipe for him to enjoy. (He asked for us to send him some dessert in the last post)
Sunday evening is always a night where we like to make a dessert, and tonight we wanted brownies but all we had were cake mixes. I looked up recipes for brownies using a cake mix and found several, but not wanting to work too much on the Sabbath, used the simplest one I could find.


Brownies:

1 chocolate cake mix
1/4 cup water
1 egg
1/2 baf of chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together and press into greased 9x9 square pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!!

William and Kaitlyn had fun licking the leftovers from the mix.

2 comments:

Johnny and Jenette said...

Yummy!

Jenette said...

Nice. I'll try it while I'm here in Idaho. Sorry Johnny! I'll make you lots of dessert when I get home ;-)

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA