Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Candy Cane Cake



Kaitlyn wanted to make a "Christmas Cake" today. One of our favorite flavors is chocolate mint, and so I thought I'd try out making a chocolate mint cake. I just used a chocolate cake mix and added 2 tsp of "peppermint extract". You can also add some crushed candy canes. For the shape, I just baked the cake mix in an 8" square pan and an 8" round pan. Click on the picture below to get the details on how to make the shape.

I also added 1 tsp peppermint extract to the white frosting I made to give it a candy cane flavor as well. It was delicious and fun to make!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cakes are like snakes with c's. So we'll take our snake to the lake after we bake our cake with our good friend Jake. We call him Jake the Snake cause he likes to rake.

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA