Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Smashing Pumpkin Cookies


Yesterday the girls wanted to make some cookies, and I decided to use the Halloween pan for making mini Halloween cakes or cookies. To make things faster, I decided to use the tub of cookie dough I have in the refridgerator I keep for quick desserts. (Like we need easy access desserts, right?)
Anyway, I asked the girls, "What color should the pumpkins be?" Kaitlyn being barely 4, and her friend being only 3, thought that pumpkins should be red or purple. So I asked,
"What color are pumpkins?" They decided that pumpkins really are orange. So then I said,
"Well we don't have orange food coloring, but we do have red and yellow. What could happen if we mix them together?"
They had no idea, but were up to the challenge of trying it out to see.
We placed a little of the cookie dough in a bowl, and we squirted a few drops of red and yellow food coloring on it. Then they both helped me stir it around. All the while we were trying to guess what color it would become. Finally we saw that red and yellow in the cookie dough made orange cookie dough!! Science lesson learned.
Next came the fun part of smashing the dough into the pans, cooking them and eating them. Yummy fun!

No comments:

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA