Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Well, since it's Halloween today, we'll be doing various things, and I'll be adding to this post as the day goes on.

So, starting this morning, I made little shapes in Alan and Sarah's sandwhiches in their lunches.






Then, Kaitlyn, William, and the little girl I
babysit got a pumpkin ready to carve.

After school Alan and Sarah got to help carve their pumpkins. Here they are getting the "goo" out of the middle.





Here's Kaitlyn playing with the shapes that came from the Jack-O-Lanterns, and seeing how they fit back inside the pumpkin.



Here they are all lit up outside.



Here they are in their costumes. Alan's costume is a cheap storm trooper costume that I glued craft foam to it to make it look more real.

Kaitlyn's costume is red unitard that I just sewed a tail to and then glued dots all over it. Sarah's costume is an old ballet costume we got from a friend that we converted into a witch's dress. We added the green hair, hat, broom, and rainbow socks to finish the look. And William's costume is a store bought pumpkin costume.


We took the kids trick or treating in our neighborhood. We live only a block away from a friend in our ward who throws a Halloween party every year. We always go trick or treating down to their house and back.
On of our good friends came over with her little boy just as we were getting ready to go trick or treating, and they went with us. Her husband had to work tonight, and she wanted her son to have some good friends to be with. I was happy to have them come. It made me feel alot better to have someone else with us, because I really missed having Tom around today. I think the kid's were happier with their friend with them too.

3 comments:

Ben said...

Wow, those are really cool costumes! Mary was a gypsy, and I was an old mail man with a dog stuck to my leg. Happy Halloween!

Ben said...

Oh yeah, and Joshua was a ghost, a little fussy, but friendly ghost.

Johnny and Jenette said...

Great costumes an jack-o-lanterns! We got your trick-or-treat message. It was a nice surprise, and spooky too. What were you for Halloween? We're going to add Santa Robby to the copusin chaos blog.

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA