Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Planting the Garden...
Every spring I have high hopes for a garden that
we plan and plant. This year I have two garden spots because I wanted to be able to plant everything. My goal is to be able to grow enough food that I can can use some of it for food storage. I've really been thinking about the neccessity of food storage lately. I want to try to turn our tomatoes into tomato sauce and salsa. I want to be able to pickle our carrots, and can our green beans and peas. We'll see if it works this year. Last year it was so hot, and the drought was so bad, that I had to let the garden go because we weren't allowed to water anything.






Kaitlyn enjoys playing in the dirt as she "helps" me in the garden.






The sprinkler does double duty as it waters the garden, and provides a great place to play!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've been doing that the past week or so too! The current economic times really necesitate that we provide for ourselves all we can.

Cute pictures!

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA