Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Reflecting on William's homecoming...


Here's a picture of my parents the day that William and I came home from the hospital. Also the day that Tom left for a short shooting trip and the day that my parents left to go back to Washington. I got home from the hospital at about 11:30 am, and they all left for the airport at 1:00pm, leaving me alone with my exhaustion from William's birth and 4 children and no family around to help me. Acting on inspiration I'm sure, Robin Harrell called our house about 5 minutes before everyone was leaving, and offered to have Kate spend the night to help. What an incredible blessing she was to me and my children. When I was pretty much a zombie from exhaustion that night, she was there to feed my kids and put them to bed. Then the next morning she brought me breakfast in bed. Then Kristi came by and took my kids for the day-that was a huge blessing too, and then she took them to the Harrells to play. I really did get rest. Thinking back I can't believe all that happened when we came home. I'm just so thankful for friends that are as good if not better than having family around.

No comments:

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA