Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Bowls!

Ok, I know this is my family blog and I'm supposed to put my wood creations on my other blog, but I'm so excited about this, that I just have to share with everyone. I just learned how to make bowls with my scroll saw!! It's so neat. Don't look too closely though, I haven't quite perfected it yet, so I won't be selling any of these until I do.
I read about it in the scroll saw magazine. The technique is developed by a fellow scrollsawer, her blog is here http://www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com/

So, here are some pictures of my new adventure. Now that I know this technique, I'm thinking of making a salad bowl and some smaller bowls. Maybe even some wooden utensils. This is so fun.



2 comments:

Carole said...

Jennifer, you did a great job with your first bowl, and thanks for mentioning my blog. I'll be posting videos and hints on my blog for people making bowls--with or without my book--and am happy to see when it works out as well as your bowl did.

Momma Twitch said...

OOH! I LOVE IT!! I've been looking EVERYWHERE for some wood salad bowls. When you start selling them let me know! :)

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA