Pages

Friday, October 09, 2009

Super easy, super cute pumpkin project

So, I saw this idea on a craft blog to mod podge orange tissue paper to glass jars, and then cut out faces with black paper and glue them on. And then mod podge them again with a high gloss mod podge. I decided that was too much work, plus I didn't have any orange tissue paper or mod podge.
But, I really liked the look of them and thought it would be waaaayyy faster to just paint them!! And it was. They look just as cute as the fancy ones on the craft blog if I do say so myself. The most important part was that Kaitlyn had a great time doing it with me.

All you do is paint the jars orange and the rims with green with normal acrylic paint . Wait a few minutes for the orange to dry, then draw the faces on with a black permanent marker. You can also paint the faces on with black paint. After they're dry string some white Christmas lights in them. Or, you can put candles in them as well! Here they are in our fireplace. It was close to 90 degrees today so we won't be having fires in the fireplace any time soon. :(

3 comments:

Johnny and Jenette said...

Those are super cute! I love Halloween decorations. You'll have to try mod podge sometime when your here...it's very addicting. I think you'd really like it.

king bacon2 said...

Those are really cute! I like how you put them in the fireplace. It looks creepily cosy...

Pittman Four said...

Now, that's an idea I just might do!!!

:)

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA