Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

New look for nativity puzzle

I've now been making my nativity puzzles for 5 years. So, in honor of my 5 year anniversary, I decided to make a special handcarved edition of the puzzle. This is somewhat inspired by the "willow tree" figurines, although they won't be as detailed. I'll still do the flat front painted edition because it's not as time consuming, but I'm really loving the carved look of these. We'll see how well they sell. I'm thinking of leaving it natural because I love to see the natural wood.

Don't look too closely. It's not completely sanded yet. :)






What do you think? Should I paint them or just leave them natural?

4 comments:

Jenette said...

I agree leave it natural. Very cute!

J- On said...

I kind of like it unpainted, it looks nice.

Pittman Four said...

That is so neat. I love it natural. There's something neat about the simplicity of it.

king bacon2 said...

That is beautiful! I love the simplicity of the natural wood.

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA