Pages

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Material Madness

I've been in a sewing mood lately. Mainly out of necessity. So a lot of my fabric is out, and that means playtime to my wild ones. I don't mind, infact it's kind of neat to see what they do with it. Yesterday they were playing "beach" with some old sheer fabric. They were putting it in front of the fan and pretending it was the waves. One project that needed to be done was to reupholster our kitchen chairs. They were really stained and ripped and gross looking. The problem is the original upholstery is the same fabric as the kitchen curtains and the bench in the kitchen and upholstery fabric is super expensive! But I guess it's much cheaper than buying new chairs and curtains.

Anyway, here's the old fabric, the new fabric,and the wallpaper I needed to match it with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the chairs look great...you did a great job matching with the kitchen wall paper. If I'm not mistaken, don't you guys live in Regina Collins old home? Oh,and I love reading your blog. You do so many wonderful things with your little ones. It's inspiring.

Crazy J said...

Once when I was rolled up in a sleeping bag with only a piece of pizza and a small dog to comfort me I saw a vampire bat made from fabric.

king bacon2 said...

I love the new fabric! It goes really well with your wall paper. I think that kids can best explor their imagination when they are allowed to use everyday objects in a diffrent way. Im just saying this because I loved to touch everything when I was a kid and this makes me feel better. :)

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA