Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Flannel Board FHE

I found this cool wooden box in the shape of a book at Michael's about a month ago. I decided to paint it gold and fill it with flannel board story figures.

Many years ago (I'm thinking like before I was born) the church published flannel board stories. They don't have them anymore, but you can still find them on sugar doodle. They're extremely helpful for active little children on FHE night. They're also good to look at during scarament meeting. Click on the top to take you to the flannel board stories on sugardoodle . Click on the bottom picture to take you the flannel board stories from the "Friend" magazine.

2 comments:

Johnny and Jenette said...

That is so cool! I have been wanting to make some of the flannel board stories myself. The sister that did them in the church magazine has them all on her website http://chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Rose said...

I love that blog you sent me to. She has way more stories than I do. The flannel board stories that I have are the super old ones that are really detailed and they match some of the Arnold Friberg paintings the church has in the GAK. Both are great. I think I'll make a link to her on our site too.

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA