Pages

Friday, May 08, 2009

Drinking from a cup

I've never thought sippy cups were the best idea. I know they prevent spills and everything, but they also prevent children from learning to drink from a normal cup. I have known 8 yr-olds who couldn't drink from cup without spilling because they were never allowed to drink from a cup without some sort of straw or sipping mechanism.
Sometimes being a mother means knowing when to relax and let children learn. Even and if you have to clean up a few spills along the way, it's ok! So that's my soap box moment for the day. :)

2 comments:

Johnny and Jenette said...

Whats worse is kids who drink water through a straw up their nose! I remember Alan and Sarah being amazed when they saw Robby drinking water out of a cup.

Jenette said...

Wow! I can't believe how big he has gotten since we saw him.

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA