Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

House of Prayer

Tonight was the second night in our Easter week of activities. It was also Family Home Evening. At dinner time we talked about how after Jesus entered Jerusalem, he went up to the Temple.

We read Matthew 21:12-13:
12 ¶ And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
13 And said unto them, It is written, My
house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
For our activity, we made pretzels, to represent arms folded in prayer. Because we were talking about the House of Prayer, while we made them, we talked to each other in whispers. It was a really good activity.

4 comments:

Johnny and Jenette said...

I could use a nice pretzel.

Carrie said...

a night of whispering? ahhh--what would that be like?? good job:)

Jenette said...

I made your easter rice cripies for a mom's night out and everyone loved the idea. Thanks!

regina said...

I love seeing my old Kitchen table used by your sweet family for such great activities!

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA