Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Cool Kid's Club...

Lately, our kids have been making up "clubs". This afternoon was no exception as they started a new club and crammed themselves into the little "pooh bear" tent with story books and a bucket full of grapes to eat. Sometimes when they make up their clubs they think of funny names. Last week they made a "Salamander Club" because of the little salamander Tom caught running around our family room. (It is common down here for salamanders to come up through the pipes and into houses) In order to be in the club, Sarah and Alan required everyone to give themselves a new name-even Tom and I. The names had to start with "Sal". Tom thought of "Saladdy" and I thought of "Salami" We were quite proud of ourselves for those names. :)...
Johnny, Ben, & Mark; Just wait until your kids are old enough to make you think of Goofy names.

6 comments:

ktmay said...

my daughter loves forts and clubs!!! how do you make those puzzles? that's awesome!

ktmay said...

oh my word...i JUST NOW saw your tag pictures!!! how funny. i have missed out on some stuff, sheesh. your craft closet is OOC (out of control) CRAZY...you must be very crafty.LOL...do you saw the wood for those puzzles and everything?

Anonymous said...

I don't see that tent standing up to hurricane force winds or bone numbing blizzards! If I were those kids I'd go on strike until I got a nice high tech super tent.
Salisbury Steak

Ben said...

Now that's funny...!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I've never had a salamander come up through my pipes. That's wild! (literally)

Very cute pictures on the blog!

Groverskate said...

How funny...Julianne just started the club thing a week ago. Right now the name of her club is "The Milkshakes".

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA