Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

1st Day of School

Alan and Sarah started school this morning. It was a cloudy 80 degrees outside when I took them this morning at 8:30 am.
Here they are in their school uniforms. Notice how tan they are? Especially Sarah. I'm so jealous... anyway...Alan entered the 3rd grade, while Sarah entered the 2nd grade. Alan seemed happy and ready to get back to school, while Sarah was a little apprehensive. When we finally got to Sarah's class she started to cry. Her new teacher, Ms. Owens, talked to her to help her get more comfortable, and I left while they were talking. I'm sure they'll have a great day.
Last night, Tom took each of them into their rooms and had a "Daddy talk" with them about school and anything that they might be worried about. Then we all went in the living room and he gave them each a Father's blessing. I think it made them both feel happy and ready to get back to school.

6 comments:

Ben said...

First day of school on August 11? Ouch!! I like college, we don't start until September 24.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the uniforms :) I hope their day went well!

Johnny and Jenette said...

Ben is some kind of slacker! The 24th!??! Where do you go? Anyway, Alan and Sarah look very nice for their first day of school. Go Team USA.

ktmay said...

oh i am so glad you said that!! we haven't done blessings for the school year yet. the first week is already over. man that's just so lame of us. i told josh to do it the night before the first day, but then time slipped by and i said we need to do it sunday evening...then we forgot. i always have to remind everyone of everything around here. ooh, that sounded snotty huh? woops.

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I miss them so much!! I wish we could be there for all their firsts. Hugs and Kisses for everyone!
Love Grammy

Groverskate said...

I can't believe how big they have gotten!

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA