Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dinosaur Grasshoppers


We were in the house when Sarah saw this outside in the middle of our driveway at least 20 ft away. She went outside to look at it, and then I heard her say, "Whoah! It's two giant grasshoppers! One is carrying the other one!" As you can see, these are no ordinary sized grasshoppers. I had the kids put their hands next to them to show you how large they are. I'd say at least 3 inches long, and at least 1 inch wide. Only in the south can you find Dinosaur sized Grasshoppers.... Lucky us..




1 comment:

ktmay said...

oh my word, i love it. i have been missing out. i need to visit your blog more often, if that's okay with you!!! you know what is so cool? we mormons are all the same! we just had an FHE on the title of liberty too!!! and i framed a picture of captain moroni waving it for julian. he loves that story. your baby william is so cute i could squeeze him. what adorable cheeks!!! that picture of him smiling and laughing at his brother could be on a magazine. oh, and we get grasshoppers like that. SCARY. when i was a kid someone told me they spit poison and if it gets in your eyes, you go blind. and i believed it too, i was terrified of those things. and some days they'd be all over our street. but i haven't seen one in a long time.

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA