Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Brave little Alan
Poor Alan has inherited his teeth problems from the Rose side of the family (this is according to Tom). He get's cavities really easily. Last week he complained of a toothache, and I had to bring him home from school. We went to the dentist that afternoon and found that he had a tooth that was on it's way to absessing! Poor little guy! I never knew that could happen in a mouth that young. I guess it was from a cavity that was never taken care of. It's been about 18 months since they last went to the dentist. Too long. Anyway, yesterday he went in for a "pulpectomy" on the painful tooth, and then got it covered with a stainless steel crown. I don't know much about crowns, since my parents never took us to the dentist when we were little. I've personally never had a crown. I guess that's why I was so suprised that Alan, being only 8, would have a tooth in such bad shape. He said he was scared of all the tools, but the dentist said he did really well. They normally charge over $50 for "behavioral management", but they didn't charge anything because he was so well behaved. Now Alan feels much better, with no tooth pain. That was his 3rd crown. He brushes every morning and night, and he even just recently started flossing on his own. It's so tough having a mouth like his!! I hope he's not on his way to a mouth full of metal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennie!

Just wanted to share... Both Kyle and Logan have had 1 crown each. Their pediatric dentist told me that, if they get an illness as simple as a cold or ear infection as babies, it can affect the strength of certain teeth as they grow in. That was the case for both of them. Crowns are no fun though!

My Home Town

My Home Town
Tacoma at Night

Seattle, WA

Seattle, WA